Breast Cancer Awareness, Stories, Support

This blog is dedicated to everyone who has been touched by Breast Cancer. It is a means of sharing my story (the good the bad the ugly) and to spread awareness. My first post: October 1st 2010. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please follow as I share my story. Leave a comment or share an experience. You can contact me by e-mail at YourBoobsOrYourLife@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Sweetpea



Sunday, August 21, 2011

Change change change

Sorry for the lack of posts. May through August has been a very busy time. If you would like to read the full details you can find them on my other blog (see the link on the right).
Things have been going well. I had my last plastic surgery in June and I am very pleased with the final results. The weather has been very hot so its been nice to wear tank tops with no bra :). My hair is growing very well, soft and very curly but lots of gray :( I saw my oncologist in June. She is very pleaased with how I'm doing. She loves my reconstruction! She said it's the best she's ever seen...Yeah!!! She gave me the go ahead to get my hair colored...yeah squared! I already had an appointment scheduled just in case. Now that my hair looks like a cute very short cut I can stop wearing my wig, hats, and scarves. Again with the heat this has been nice.
Speaking of the heat oh what fun the hot flashes have been!!! I seem to sweat a lot more anyway but during a hot flash omg! I'm covered in a damp film and dripping down my forehead and back...oh so very attractive. Then my arms and legs start itching and its a prickly stinging feeling. I need to call my oncologist to see if it is possibly caused by the Tamoxifen.
So it is actually one year ago today that I received my biopsy results. In some ways it seems like yesterday but in most ways it seems much longer. While thinking about that this morning I realized out of all the diseases I have fought the cancer has been the shortest battle. I have been at war with Crohns disease for about 26 years now. The Hepatitis C from my blood transfusion was a 2 year battle (however I had it, without my knowledge, for 15 years). After knowing for certain on August 23rd, the cancer was only in my body for 1 month and 29 days and the actual battle ended with my last chemo on February 8th 2011. Thats 5 months and 16 days. Even if you count the 5 years I will be on the Tamoxifen (which is not a battle. It is preventive medicine). It is still a much shorter battle than the Crohns!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment