Breast Cancer Awareness, Stories, Support

This blog is dedicated to everyone who has been touched by Breast Cancer. It is a means of sharing my story (the good the bad the ugly) and to spread awareness. My first post: October 1st 2010. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please follow as I share my story. Leave a comment or share an experience. You can contact me by e-mail at YourBoobsOrYourLife@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Sweetpea



Friday, October 21, 2011

1 YEAR CANCER FREE!!!

Is it really possible that it has been 1 year since my double mastectomy? 365 days without Cancer!!!
When I think back to last October I do remember all the emotions all the anxiety about the diagnoses, surgery, and treatments but what I remember most is the tremendous love, prayers, and support of my family and friends. I was never alone in the hospital. Every time I opened my eyes someone was by my side. Every doctors appointment my husband or sisters or nieces would go with me (sometimes all of them :). Every four hour chemo treatment went by quickly with them by my side talking and laughing as if we were sitting around a table having tea. In the spring my sons college baseball coach had a pink ribbon put on the teams game hats and gave me a hat to wear to the games. The love and support continues even 1 year later. People have made donations in my name, hit home runs for a cure, dedicated a pink out high school field hockey game, and on the 29th some of my nieces and I will be walking in the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K walk.

Here are just a few pictures from the past year:

Me and my boys after surgery...love them so much!







First Chemo





Hospital for 3 days after first chemo...I'm ready to go home





Hair Hair Long Beautiful Hair.............









Last Chemo...Dance with me!











Growing back even more beautiful



Pink Out Game!



I'll post pictures of the walk next time.
xoxo

1 comment: