Breast Cancer Awareness, Stories, Support

This blog is dedicated to everyone who has been touched by Breast Cancer. It is a means of sharing my story (the good the bad the ugly) and to spread awareness. My first post: October 1st 2010. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please follow as I share my story. Leave a comment or share an experience. You can contact me by e-mail at YourBoobsOrYourLife@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Sweetpea



Saturday, January 7, 2012

I'm predicting a healthy 2012

It's a new year and while I have never been a "new years resolution" kinda gal I am determined to set some goals for this new year. At the top of my list is to stay healthy :) I'm off to a good start being cancer free YAY! My Crohns beast has been calm lately and other than still being tired all the time I've been feeling good. Our Christmas and New Years were wonderful but I'm still exhausted from all the fun. I feel like I should have all my energy back but I don't. So I want to start eating healthier and exercising more. I've put on a few pounds and I'd like to take them off :) The one thing I've noticed is that having these perky fake boobs makes the rest of me look...well...not so perky. So its time to try to firm up some of these other areas :) Another incentive is to help hubby and my boys be healthier too.

Now about my hair...I've been trying to decide what to do with it. It is growing in so nice and thick and curly. Its about 3 inches long now. I have mostly worn my hair long. I like being able to pull it back and wear it up. My hair was wavy so I use to straighten it everyday. This short curly hair has spoiled me because I don't have to do anything but fluff and go. Then there is the matter of the hot flashes...during a hot flash this 3 inches of hair is so hot and its winter time. The summer will be even worse. (last summer I was bald and hot) If I let it get long I would probably only be able to wear it up. Just the thought of it makes me hot. But I love having long hair!!! Oh what to do what to do. I guess I'll start searching online for some different styles. Yep that sounds like a good place to start.

...and its official now...we have new health insurance so the hunt begins for new doctors. I will need a new breast surgeon, plastic surgeon, possibly a new oncologist, and a new GI doctor. More research to do. Wish me luck.

xoxo

1 comment: